Monday, May 17, 2010

So, what has happened of late?

Since the loss of my best friend Jazamina, who now attends an English boarding school, I have been retreating further and further into the virtual world and slowly losing contact with the real one. Jaz was the only one who was half as obsessed with Doctor Who/Alex Day/to a certain extent Harry Potter as me and now I can only discuss with Tumblings on tumblr. People at school constantly approach me and either make fun of/try to support but really make fun of my youtube videos and/or blog.

I am reading more, listening to more secluded music more often, spending more time alone and doing generally nothing. I put more thought into what I say in class. I say more productive stuff in class. I listen and learn in science. I create things in my spare time. I play the piano significantly better and the saxophone significantly worse. I sleep little and read to try to compensate. I think a lot more. I'm trying to look after my body, but it is consistently rebelling under my not-so tyranous rule. I have more friends. People think I'm less weird. No, rephrase that. Less people think I'm weird.* I'm closer to my friends but I'm further from them than I've ever been before. I talk and work but I feel like every day does not fit into a continuum of time, but rather stands on its own in a timeless entity that ends when I see the next episode of Doctor Who. This sorts out my brain and makes me reevaluate my options somewhat, before I relapse into a dreamlike state, bludging my way through mathematics homework haphazardly.

Well, you *did* ask.



*PS, yes, I know. I made a grammatical error here. It was done with poetic license in mind, silly.


PPS, someone from school wants me to mention her on my blog. Sweetheart, much as I admire your taste for the internet text world (because really, who isn't fascinated by my blog**), I won't put your name on here a) for privacy reasons b) just to annoy you.


**PPPS */sarcasm

2 comments:

  1. omg i can't believe u mentioned me!!! i miss u too emma!! some people are really mean here like Mathias

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait, wait, wait...did u say that i was only HALF obsessed with doctor who

    I FRICKIN' LOVE DOCTOR WHO/DAVID TENNANT!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete